About JFS of Metrowest
Jewish Family Service of Metrowest (JFS) is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to standing up for those left behind and provides services to over 7,500 people in need within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, including extended day academic support for low income children, nutrition and basic family assistance for struggling families, citizenship and immigrant programs and geriatric care management and other support services that enable frail older adults to live independently.
YOUR DONATION IS IN GOOD HANDS
JFS’ sound fiscal management practices and commitment to accountability and transparency have earned it a multi-year 4-star rating from Charity Navigator (with a perfect score of 100%!) so you can have confidence that your donation will drive change and make a difference.
“Charities with Perfect Scores – The exceptional charities on this list have earned perfect scores across all four beacons in our Encompass Rating System. Based on our metrics, these organizations are highly impactful in their given cause area, are fiscally responsible and transparent, and follow leadership and organizational culture best practices. Less than one-tenth of one percent of charities we rate earn a perfect score!” —- Charity Navigator
Also, visit the JFS profile on Guidestar, which includes our most recent 990s and audited financial statements.
Accelerating Social, Academic and Health Equity
JFS provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need.
Guided by the Jewish tradition of social responsibility and compassion, we are dedicated to:
- Supporting people of all ages and backgrounds
- Treating people with dignity and compassion
- Helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence
- Providing culturally relevant services
- Collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts
JFS is committed to:
- Be a leader and catalyst in providing the best social, health and community services with special responsibility to vulnerable children, families and older adults.
- Develop and deliver essential services to assist those in need.
- Be flexible and adapt to the changing needs in our community.
- Demonstrate compelling and measurable impacts in all our programs, while exceeding expectations in service and personal attention to clients and partners.
- Connect and engage the current and future generations and their families to a vibrant, meaningful Jewish community in collaboration with community partners and stakeholders.
- Attract, develop and retain talented, caring and invested staff, volunteers and lay leaders who work collaboratively in valued and essential partnerships.
- Have an independent, strong and engaged Board of Directors whose governance sets the priorities and future direction for the agency.
- Develop the organizational capacities, financial resources and fund development programs that sustain and expand the agency’s mission.
Through the Power of Volunteerism, JFS is Changing the Lives of Refugees Seeking Safety in Our Community
Click to learn how you can get involved.
Through the Power of Collaborative Partnerships JFS Changes the Lives of Immigrants in Our Community
Click to learn how you can get involved.
Your help is needed – sign up today!
JFS Business News
JFS Achieves 100% PERFECT SCORE on Charity Navigator – Know Your Donations are Making a Big Impact in the Community
Savvy donors support JFS of Metrowest because they know their donations are in good hands. JFS’ sound fiscal management practices and commitment to accountability and transparency have earned it a multi-year 4-star rating from Charity Navigator (with a perfect score of 100%! so you can have confidence that your donation will drive change and make a difference. This Giving Tuesday please make a donation to ensure JFS has the resources it needs to answer the call when our neighbors come to us for help.
As we at JFS prepare to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with loved ones, we are reminded that not everyone has a warm home in which to celebrate or the resources to enjoy a feast of abundance. Over the last year, JFS provided critical assistance to over 7,500 individuals, to continue to provide these services, we need your help. Please click and read a Thanksgiving message and learn how you can make a difference in the lives of those who need help the most.
Job Opening: Social Worker / Case Manager (Senior Level, Framingham, MA) – JFS seeks a senior level social worker / case manager to help advance JFS’ commitment to accelerate social, health and academic equity for low income, often disenfranchised populations. Full time position with benefits. Click to learn how to apply.