JOB OPENING – AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Job Title: Bilingual (English/Spanish) Case Worker and Community Programs Support (SPECIALIST II)
Work Schedule: 40 hour-Full time Position with Benefits
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
JFS seeks a bilingual caseworker to help advance JFS’ commitment to accelerate social, health and academic equity for low income, often disenfranchised populations. This position will focus mostly on JFS services for immigrants and older adults in Metrowest.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Interviewing clients to assess their situational needs
- Determining which services and assistance are necessary
- Developing plans of action to improve the clients’ economic status and overall well-being
- Assisting the clients to access social, housing, employment, financial, health, legal and other needed services/resources
- Planning regular follow-up contacts to assess progress and additional needs
- Reviewing and modifying plans as circumstances change for the individuals
- Communication and coordination with JFS team members
- Maintaining thorough case notes
Community Programs Support
- Supporting agency efforts to distribute basic needs items to community members in need (e.g. food, personal care items, clothing, etc)
- Helping to coordinate volunteers who are supporting these efforts
- Communicating with community partners to coordinate effective service delivery
- Masters or Bachelors plus 3 years experience in related field.
- Bilingual English and Spanish proficiency required.
- Ability to interact with clients in a non-judgmental, compassionate, and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to set limits and maintain boundaries.
- Strong ability to be part of an interactive, supportive team with high expectations.
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to multi-task, operate independently and problem solve in real time.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in real-time electronic record keeping skills. (Salesforce Platform experience a plus).
- Ability to work in office setting as well as remotely.
Specialist II Required Competencies:
The JFS Bilingual Case Worker and Community Programs Support position is classified as Specialist II. A JFS Specialist II is a professional who executes one or several crucial direct or indirect professional client service, program operational and/or administrative/ancillary support functions. A Staff II employee typically reports to a Manager or Director but may be supervised by another Staff II or Staff III employee.
Strong Relational and Work Self-management Skills:
- Brings a Positive Attitude to the Position
- Is Inquisitive
- Is Trustworthy and Respectful to JFS Clients, Staff, Volunteers and Community Partners.
- Demonstrates Ability to Work Independently as Well as in Partnership
- Has Ability/Willingness to Take Direction/Supervision and Follow Instructions
- Makes Decisions Thoughtfully, Responsibly and With Care
- Is Highly Motivated
- Performs Tasks and Duties Efficiently and Effectively
- Meets Established Performance Standards
- Possesses Ability to Remain Task Focused
- Possesses Ability To Manage Occupational Stress
- Fosters Relationships, Trust, and Respect with JFS Clients and Across Team, Volunteer and Community Partnerships
- Is Accountable and Able to Work Within Deadlines
Content/Context Specific Competencies:
- Knowledge, Understanding of and Commitment to JFS Mission and Theories of Change
- Knowledge & Expertise in Service Area (Housing/Benefits)
- Knowledge & Expertise (Ability/Willingness to Learn) in Relevant Technology/Data Management Platforms and Systems
- Knowledge & Understanding of and Adherence to JFS Policy & Procedures
- Demonstrates Willingness to Take On New Challenges
- Demonstrates Organized Thinking
- Understands that programs are built upon work plans/performance metrics
- Demonstrates Initiative
- Demonstrates Emotional intelligence
- Possesses Ability to Remain Focused While Multi-tasking
- Demonstrates Commitment to Quality Work Performance
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $3 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latino/Latina and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Email cover letter and resume to CEO Lino Covarrubias at Lino@JFSMW.org