JOB OPENING – AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Job Title: Senior Level Caseworker/Social Worker (SPECIALIST III)
Work Schedule: 40 hour-Full time Position with Benefits
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
JFS seeks a senior level caseworker/social worker to help advance JFS’ commitment to accelerate social, health and academic equity for low income, often disenfranchised populations.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Interviewing clients to assess their situational needs
- Determining which services and assistance are necessary
- Developing plans of action to improve the clients’ economic status and overall well-being
- Assisting the clients to access social, housing, employment, financial, health, legal and other needed services/resources
- Planning regular follow-up contacts to assess progress and additional needs
- Reviewing and modifying plans as circumstances change for the individuals
- Assisting in the coordination of new services/projects
- Providing supervision and consultation to staff, interns and volunteers
- Coordinating with partner organizations and local businesses and negotiating/arranging services on behalf of clients
- Master’s Degree in relevant area plus 3 years experience in social work/casework.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese proficiency highly favored.
- Ability to interact with clients in a non-judgmental, compassionate, and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to set limits and maintain boundaries.
- Strong ability to be part of an interactive, supportive team with high expectations.
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to multi-task, operate independently and problem solve in real time.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in real-time electronic record keeping skills. (Salesforce Platform experience a plus).
- Ability to work in office setting as well as remotely.
Specialist III Required Competencies:
A JFS Specialist III is an experienced and skilled professional who provides crucial direct or indirect professional client service or program operational and/or administrative functions, and who supervises staff, interns and/or volunteers and/or oversees agency projects or initiatives. A Specialist III typically reports to a Manager or Director but may be supervised by another Specialist III.
Strong Relational and Work Self-management Skills:
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Able/Willing to Take As Well As to Provide Direction/ Supervision
- Is Highly Motivated and Demonstrates Readiness to Accept Responsibility
- Demonstrates High Initiative
- Has the Ability to Differentiate Roles Within a Variety of Settings
- Demonstrates High Flexibility to Meet Growing Needs of Agency
Content/Context Specific Competencies:
- Knowledge, Understanding of and Commitment to JFS Mission and Theories of Change
- Knowledge and Experience in Provision of Supervision
- Advanced Training, Knowledge & Expertise in Service Area
- Knowledge & Expertise (Ability/Willingness to Learn) in Relevant Technology/Data Management Platforms and Systems
- Knowledge & Understanding of and Adherence to JFS Policies & Procedures
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $3 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latino/Latina and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Email cover letter and resume to CEO Lino Covarrubias at Lino@JFSMW.org