Job Title: Bookkeeper (Part-Time)
Position Summary: This is a part-time position (20hrs per week) for an energetic and experienced Bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper needs to have 5+ years of Bookkeeping experience in a nonprofit environment.
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
The Responsibilities for the Bookkeeper are:
- Provide the full range of Bookkeeping services
- Maintain the general ledger in QuickBooks
- Perform high volume bank and credit card reconciliations
- Perform the full-cycle of invoice processing – A/P
- Vendor management
- AR (Accounts Receivable) duties
- Perform collections
- Assist with and provide back up support for payroll processing
- Assist the Director of Finance with the month-end and year-end close
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Strong Relational and Work Self-management Skills
- Brings a Positive Attitude to the Position
- Is Trustworthy and Respectful to JFS Clients, Staff, Volunteers and Community Partners
- Has Ability/Willingness to Take Direction/Supervision and Follow Instructions
- Makes Decisions Thoughtfully, Responsibly and With Care
- Performs Tasks and Duties Efficiently and Effectively
- Committed to Meeting Established Performance/Productivity Standards
- Possesses Ability to Remain Task Focused
- Possesses Ability to Manage Occupational Stress
- Is Accountable and Able to Work Within Deadlines
- Committed to Adhering to JFS Policy & Procedures
The qualifications for the Bookkeeper are:
- 5+ years of Bookkeeping experience required
- 5 years in a Nonprofit environment
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $3 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latino/Latina and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Email cover letter and resume to CEO Lino Covarrubias at Lino@JFSMW.org