Job Title: Case Manager, Immigrant Services
Type: Specialist I
Work Schedule: Part-time hourly
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
JFS is developing innovative, integrated resources that address the social, emotional, and financial needs of immigrants, refugees, and asylees, giving them the tools they need to succeed. Services include: Enhanced, intensive case management and information/referral; access to basic needs such as clothing and food; Citizenship application support; Refugee and Asylee Resettlement services; and mentoring programs to support first generation students and their families. JFS has worked with individuals and families from over 60 countries including Albania, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Congo, Haiti, India, Iran, Mexico, Portugal, Syria, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam and Zambia.
This role is dedicated to supporting JFS’ Resettlement Program, specifically case work with Ukrainian refugees.
- Provide case management in execution of all services required of State Department and JFS Resettlement Program – including welcoming new refugees, providing cultural orientation, providing information and access to key benefits and resources related to home, health, education and employment.
- Support families beyond initial resettlement to build stability and self sufficiency as they continue to navigate American systems and set goals for their lives here.
- Help coordinate with volunteers supporting families.
- Work with the rest of the Resettlement team to coordinate services.
- Provide Ukrainian language translation and interpretation OR work with translators proficient in the Ukrainian language to support client needs
- Provide outreach and coordination with community partners and local resources.
- Maintain case notes and case files in accordance with State Department regulations.
- Work occasional evening or weekend hours to accommodate client needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School plus 3 years paid experience.
- Ukrainian language proficiency a plus
- Prior experience in human services. (Prior multi-linguistic, multi-cultural community experiences a plus).
- Ability to interact with clients in a non-judgmental, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to set limits and maintain boundaries.
- Strong ability to be part of an interactive, supportive team with high expectations.
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to multi-task, operate independently and problem solve in real time.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in real-time electronic record keeping skills. (Salesforce Platform experience a plus).
- Annual Influenza (FLU) vaccination and vaccinations against COVID-19 in compliance with CDC recommendations.
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $3.5 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, BIPOC, Latinx and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, click here to complete the form (resume and cover letter required.)