Job Title: Director of Volunteer Services
Salary Range: Commensurate with Level of Education and Experience (salaried exempt employee)
Work Schedule: 40 hour- Full Time Professional Position*
*This position could be modified to be a part-time position for the right candidate
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
JFS seeks someone with energy and enthusiasm for volunteerism and community collaboration and with the ability to think creatively about new solutions and pathways for greater impact. The preferred candidate will be someone with strong leadership skills, established community connections, culture competence across a number of population cohorts, and demonstrated experience managing, training and supporting volunteers.
Volunteer Director Responsibilities:
Leadership of volunteer program operations:
- Assessment of agency/program volunteer needs in collaboration with JFS Development and Program Directors and Managers
- Establishment and maintenance of strong community partnerships to aid in identification and stewardship of potential volunteers
- Delineation of impact goals and identification/creation and administration of impact measurement instruments as well as analysis and reporting of impact data
- Oversight of recruiting, vetting, training, assignment, scheduling, supervision and evaluation of volunteers
- Coordination of volunteer recognition awards, events, etc.
Interface with larger Development Team initiatives:
- Creation of recruitment & marketing materials (blogs, posts, etc.)
- Coordination of donor and community engagement events
- Coordination of and assistance with agency Development activities
- Strategic planning for continued agency sustainability and growth
Building upon the attributes and competencies required of all JFS staff, this position requires:
Strong Program and People Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to design, implement and execute need responsive services
- Ability to create work plans, define outputs and methods of data tracking and measurement and analyze collected data to support the achievement of desired outcomes. Ability to engage, support/supervise and develop staff and volunteers
- Ability to forge strong community/external stakeholder partnerships
- Macro/Systems orientation
Content/Context Specific Competencies:
- Knowledge & expertise in area of volunteerism/development
- Knowledge & expertise in relevant technology/data management platforms and systems
- Master’s Degree (Preferred) in Relevant Area plus 5 Years in Field, 2 of which are in management.
- Experience with MS Office Suite and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) or database systems (experience with Saleforce and/or Volgistics a plus).
- This position requires flexibility to work occasional evenings/weekend days and the Director will need to be available to attend stakeholder meetings and events in the community.
- Annual Influenza (FLU) vaccination and vaccinations against COVID-19 in compliance with CDC recommendations.
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $3.5 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, BIPOC, Latinx and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, click here to complete the form (resume and cover letter required.)