Job Title: Administrative Specialist
Primary Assignment: Development/Volunteer Services
Salary Range: Commensurate with Level of Education and Experience (salaried exempt employee)
Work Schedule: 40 hour- Full Time Position
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
JFS seeks a detail-oriented, responsible professional to carry out the administrative functions of the development/volunteer services departments, ensuring that systems are kept up to date, required paperwork is in compliance with policies, and the team has the support it needs to meet the goals of the agency.
- Keep donor and volunteer databases up to date
- Collect and process paperwork for new and existing volunteers, ensuring that it is complete, up to date, and stored in compliance with agency policies
- Run reports
- Oversee donor thank you notes and tax receipts process
- Create and coordinate materials for fundraising, volunteer management and events
- Assist with the coordination and execution of fundraising and volunteer events
- Create online surveys and forms
- Work with vendors to order supplies and branded giveaways
- Provide support to the volunteer management and event teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3+ years of customer service and/or administrative experience
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) or other database systems (experience with Salesforce and/or Volgistics a plus)
- Experience with desktop publishing a plus
- Annual Influenza (FLU) vaccination and vaccinations against COVID-19 in compliance with CDC recommendations
JFS Seeks a Candidate that:
- Brings a Positive Attitude to the Position
- Is Trustworthy and Respectful to JFS Clients, Staff, Volunteers and Community Partners
- Has Ability/Willingness to Take Direction/Supervision and Follow Instructions
- Makes Decisions Thoughtfully, Responsibly and With Care
- Is Highly Motivated
- Performs Tasks and Duties Efficiently and Effectively
- Meets Established Performance/Productivity Standards
- Possesses Ability to Remain Task Focused
- Possesses Ability To Manage Occupational Stress
- Is Accountable and Able to Work Within Deadlines
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $3.5 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, BIPOC, Latinx and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, click here to complete the form (resume and cover letter required.)
- Download a PDF of this job description.
- Other job opportunities
- Learn about Volunteering with JFS of Metrowest