JFS of Metrowest
Posted: September 12, 2023
Job Title: SOCIAL WORKER, CASE MANAGER (SENIOR LEVEL)
Primary Assignment: Geriatric Care Management
Work Schedule: 40 hour- full time position with benefits
Compensation: Commensurate with level of education and experience
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community. JFS is committed to inclusion in its service provision, recruitment and hiring practices.
JFS offers benefits, which include health and dental benefits, paid vacation, sick and personal time, flexible scheduling and a friendly and casual environment.
JFS seeks a senior level social worker / case manager to provide Geriatric Care Management services to older adults and their caregivers. The case manager will be responsible for the collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s health and social needs, based on their goals. Uses information to create plans of care. Assists the client and/or family to access community resources based on care plan, assists in coordinating services.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assess client based on information about client’s functionality, medical status, social and environmental factors.
- Possess knowledge of community resources related to medical, housing, financial, long-term care and social issues. Research community resources and services as needed.
- Develop appropriate care plans through contact with client, those involved with client utilizing knowledge of community resources and services.
- Monitor needs and care plan on an ongoing basis through telephone calls, visits and case conferences.
- Periodically evaluate care plan to determine if appropriate care is in place and if the client is meeting their goals.
- Act as liaison to families, clients, financial planners, elder care lawyers, medical specialists and long distance caregivers.
- Recognize and communicate problems and issues to Senior Management.
- Uphold confidentiality standards as defined by JFS of Metrowest and HIPAA
- Attend staff meetings and further educational programs as directed.
- Senior Management may assign additional duties as service needs grow and evolve.
- Master’s degree in relevant area plus 3 years post-Master’s experience (candidates that are Registered Nurses holding a Bachelor’s degree or above may also be considered).
- LICSW preferred.
- Minimum 5 years direct care and/or care management experience, including at least 2 years working with older adults and families.
- Experience in conducting social and health assessments.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a customer service-focused attitude.
- Ability to work independently, but also to collaborate with team members as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and adaptable to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- Detail oriented, efficient, organized, able to complete tasks in time sensitive manner.
- A reliable car is required as well as a valid driver’s license.
- Experienced in real-time electronic record keeping skills (Salesforce Platform experience a plus).
- Ability to work in office setting as well as
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys Working in a Fast Paced, Collaborative Atmosphere.
- Strong Relational and Work Self-management Skills
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Able/Willing to Take As Well As to Provide Direction/Supervision
- Is Highly Motivated and Demonstrates Readiness to Accept Responsibility
- Demonstrates High Initiative
- Has the Ability to Differentiate Roles within a Variety of Settings
- Demonstrates High Flexibility to Meet Growing Needs of Agency
- Advanced Training, Knowledge & Expertise in Service Area
- Knowledge & Expertise (Ability/Willingness to Learn) in Relevant Technology/Data Management Platforms and Systems
- Commitment to Adherence with JFS Policies & Procedures
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $4.5 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, BIPOC, Latinx and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, click here to complete the form or copy and paste the URL into browser:
Resume and cover letter required.