Photo: Axie Breen
Ways to Give
Partner with JFS and Make a Difference – Now and for Future Generations
JFS [EIN: 04-2730898 ] exists to accelerate social, academic and health equity in our community.We would not be able to do this work without the generosity of passionate donors,foundations, companies and volunteers.
Your gift to JFS ensures the health and safety of parents and grandparents at home, that vulnerable immigrant families with young children have the tools they need to succeed and that Jewish families experiencing financial distress have access to critical emergency assistance to help them get through difficult times.
JFS’ sound fiscal management practices and commitment to accountability and transparency have earned it a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator (with a perfect score of 100%!) so you can have confidence that your donation will drive change and make a difference.
Whether you are making an unrestricted gift (can be used to support any program) or designating the use of funds for a specific purpose, investing in JFS ensures that the resources are available to:
- Respond in the event of an emergency
- Maintain the highest consistent levels of service delivery
- Expand programming to serve more clients
- Develop innovative solutions to address emergent community needs
MAKE AN UNRESTRICTED DONATION: Every day, JFS receives calls from individuals and families in crisis. Your unrestricted donation enables JFS todo exactly what we are here to do: serve the most vulnerable in our community, and the need has never been greater.
MATCHING GIFTS – INCREASE THE POWER OF YOUR DONATION: Many companies have programs that will match your donation to JFS dollar for dollar. Matching Gift programs are a great way to maximize your personal contribution to JFS. Check with your company’s HR department to see if a Matching Gifts program exists.
GIFTS OF STOCK OR MUTUAL FUNDS: Transferring appreciated shares of stock or mutual funds directly to JFS may entitle you to a charitable income tax deduction for their full current market value, without paying the capital gains tax on the appreciation. Talk with your tax adviser to understand the options.
DONOR ADVISED FUNDS: A Donor Advised Fund is a charitable gift account that allows you to recommend grants to your favorite charities. Contact your Fund Manager for information on how to transfer funds directly to JFS.
FAMILY FOUNDATIONS: Many grant opportunities offered by Family Foundations require an invitation to apply. If you or someone you know is involved with a Family Foundation and the JFS mission aligns with the organization’s values, an introduction would be the first step in helping JFS identify additional funding sources.
LEGACY GIFTS: Your concerns and priorities have shaped the JFS of today. Your legacy gift will help shape the JFS of tomorrow.
- Include JFS in your estate planning
- Make a gift to JFS as a bequest in a will or trust
- Designate a gift to the JFS Endowment Fund
NAMED FUNDS: Contribute to, or establish a named fund and have a lasting impact in the areas that mean the most to you:
- Anti-Racism and Fighting Antisemitism Fund: Ensure the continued development of strategies to address hate, discrimination and bigotry in our community in order to accelerate social equity and inclusion.
- Innovation Fund: Enhance continued experimentation and the development of new solutions as needs change in our community and in our society.
- Paul Rosenberg Memorial Fund: Support continued administrative excellence of JFS and fund 2 yearly collegiate scholarships.
- Carole Edith Volman Memorial Fund: Ensure continued support for refugees and asylees, isolated older adults and the most vulnerable families with young children.
Thank you for investing in JFS – it is only through your involvement and generosity that our collective impact is possible.