Senior Director Lucia Panichella joins CJP’s Women in Philanthropy Mission to San Diego to bear witness
to the humanitarian crisis at the border and support those who are working with incoming families
(Photo: Craig Byer/CJP)
Mobilizing Social Justice Action
JFS is bringing resources and capacity to a variety of initiatives that offer opportunities for Jews and community members of all ages to engage in social justice action that has meaningful impact in our community and beyond, including:
- JFS Committee on Anti-Racism and Fighting Antisemitism – developing long term strategies to address hate, discrimination and bigotry in our community
- Brothers for Life – honoring veterans who have sacrificed in service to their country
- JFS/Multifaith Alliance Mobilize Boston Container Project – sending desperately needed supplies to refugee camps in war-torn Syria
- CJP Humanitarian Missions – working with partners to broaden impacts and strengthen the call for social justice
- Jewish Emergency Management System – providing security and emergency response coordination and expertise
- Jewish Education Collaborative – facilitating conversations that build bridges to inclusion and understanding
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah and Day of Service Projects – empowering volunteers to help those in need
- Jewish Day School Projects – teaching lessons in service, compassion and gratitude
JFS is proud to acknowledge collaborative relationships with over 100 organizations – from public to private, secular to faith-based, local to international – strategic and powerful partnerships that drive collective impact across multiple domains.
The JFS Patient Navigator team continues to help our clients access health care while taking into account Coronavirus restrictions and safety measures. With creative precautions that prioritize the safety of our volunteers and clients above all else, the JFS Patient...
Thank You to the Metrowest Women’s Fund for Your Continued Support of JFS’s Children’s Clothing Closet!
Thank you to our collaborative partners at the Metrowest Women’s Fund for hosting a girl’s clothing drive to support the JFS Children’s Clothing Closet and our client’s families! Their efforts resulted in the collection of over 650 new and gently-used girl’s clothing items. With their support and donations from community members, JFS continues to fill Ready to Wear orders for our client’s children. The Ready to Wear program works with families in the community to provide clothing items catered to their children’s sizes and needs. Thanks to the Metrowest Women’s Fund’s clothing drive, these clothing orders continue to be filled and distributed to our client’s families throughout these challenging times!