Senior Director Lucia Panichella joins CJP’s Women in Philanthropy Mission to San Diego to bear witness
to the humanitarian crisis at the border and support those who are working with incoming families
(Photo: Craig Byer/CJP)
Mobilizing Social Justice Action
JFS is bringing resources and capacity to a variety of initiatives that offer opportunities for Jews and community members of all ages to engage in social justice action that has meaningful impact in our community and beyond, including:
- JFS Committee on Anti-Racism and Fighting Antisemitism – developing long term strategies to address hate, discrimination and bigotry in our community
- Training for Active Bystanders – empowering bystanders to ACT when witnessing a harmful situation
- Brothers for Life – honoring veterans who have sacrificed in service to their country
- JFS/Multifaith Alliance Mobilize Boston Container Project – sending desperately needed supplies to refugee camps in war-torn Syria
- CJP Humanitarian Missions – working with partners to broaden impacts and strengthen the call for social justice
- Jewish Emergency Management System – providing security and emergency response coordination and expertise
- Jewish Education Collaborative – facilitating conversations that build bridges to inclusion and understanding
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah and Day of Service Projects – empowering volunteers to help those in need
- Jewish Day School Projects – teaching lessons in service, compassion and gratitude
Last week, with the generous financial assistance and volunteer effort of the Yale Appliance Foundation, JFS distributed 300 winter boots to children in our community. The Yale Appliance Foundation was established to help veterans, the elderly, minors, and...
JFS seeks a detail-oriented, experienced Marketing Communications professional to work with the development team and program staff to share the good works of the agency through both internal and external channels, grow the agency’s online following, and increase/strengthen brand identity and awareness in the community.
On September 29, 2022 as part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Massachusetts 12th Annual Service Day #ServiceDay2022 20 BCBS employees - led by Blue Cross site coordinator and JFS Board Member Elana Margolis - lent a hand to support Framingham's immigrant...