Senior Director Lucia Panichella joins CJP’s Women in Philanthropy Mission to San Diego to bear witness
to the humanitarian crisis at the border and support those who are working with incoming families
(Photo: Craig Byer/CJP)
Mobilizing Social Justice Action
JFS is bringing resources and capacity to a variety of initiatives that offer opportunities for Jews and community members of all ages to engage in social justice action that has meaningful impact in our community and beyond, including:
- Brothers for Life – honoring veterans who have sacrificed in service to their country
- JFS/Multifaith Alliance Mobilize Boston Container Project – sending desperately needed supplies to refugee camps in war-torn Syria
- CJP Humanitarian Missions – working with partners to broaden impacts and strengthen the call for social justice
- Jewish Emergency Management System – providing security and emergency response coordination and expertise
- Jewish Education Collaborative – facilitating conversations that build bridges to inclusion and understanding
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah and Day of Service Projects – empowering volunteers to help those in need
- Jewish Day School Projects – teaching lessons in service, compassion and gratitude
In Collaborative Effort, JFS Delivers 2000 Rosh Hashanah meals! All photos courtesy of Sheldon Golder Dear Friends, I hope you and your families are well and enjoying the high holiday season despite the many challenges the Covid-19 pandemic has brought all of us....
As a part of CJP’s Holiday in a Box Initiative, JFS delivered over 2000 Rosh Hashanah meals to individuals and families throughout the North and South Shores, Metrowest, and Greater Boston areas.
Check out the following list of High Holiday schedules of our partner synagogues to celebrate the New Year with friends and neighbors!