JFS strongly condemns the vicious terrorist attack by Hamas against innocent civilians in Israel. The violence is appalling, and we grieve with the families in mourning and communities under siege.
We know this horrifying attack has touched many in our community and our focus at JFS as a social services organization is to provide support and resources to help.
War evacuees coming from Israel who need assistance and are coming to the Metrowest Greater Boston – click here and complete the Request for Assistance form.
Help JFS Assist Newly Arriving Israeli War Evacuees:
MAKE A DONATION – As the war continues, we are starting to receive inquiries from local families on bringing family and friends to the US. JFS as a HIAS U.S. resettlement agency is committed to ensuring these families have what they need while they shelter in our communities. JFS is pleased to announce The Shapiro Foundation and Simon B. Gottlieb Charitable Foundation are providing initial seeding for this fund. Please consider making a donation so that JFS has adequate resources to provide assistance as needed. Donations will be specifically used for:
-Tuition to institutions with Hebrew speaking faculty/child care
-Case management to take care of all basic needs
-Mental Health Support and Referrals- Based on insurance cash assistance may be needed
-Health care support- cash assistance need for care for those not on local health insurance plans
-Gift cards- grocery cards, cards to clothing stores-Walmart, Target, TJX
-Housing support and matching with community home sponsorship
-Return support once the War in Israel is over
HOUSING NEEDED – For Israelis arriving in our area, the first priority is assistance specific to housing. If you have a separate space with a private bathroom, such as an in-law apartment, vacation home or rental property that can be made available to an incoming family, please click here to complete this form.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – We do not have a need for volunteers at this time, however if you feel compelled to volunteer your time and talents to support incoming war evacuees, we invite you to click and complete this form to express your interest. If a time comes when your offer matches the needs, you will be contacted.
DONATIONS OF GIFT CARDS – Donations of gift cards allow us to be flexible and strategic in our response to requests for assistance, and allow the recipients to make their own selections in a dignified and independent manner.
Gift cards in $25 or $50 increments from Stop and Shop, Uber, Target, Walmart, CVS, Uber and Amazon can be mailed or delivered to:
JFS of Metrowest
ATTN: Amanda Coughlin, Israeli War Evacuee Fund
475 Franklin Street
Framingham, MA, 01702
So that we may attribute your donation appropriately and send you a receipt, please include your name, address, phone and email address with your donation.
DONATIONS OF FURNITURE, CLOTHES, NON-PERISHABLE FOOD AND PERSONAL CARE ITEMS, ETC. – At this time we do not have a need for these types of donations, however if you would like your offer to be added to the database, please click here and complete the form and if a time comes when your offer matches urgent needs, we will contact you.
Local School Information:
MetroWest Jewish Day School extends support to Israelis settling in the Metrowest area and beyond, whether for the educational needs of your children or to support you in settling into this area. Reach out to Zach Roe for more information at email@example.com or 508-620-5554, ext.201
- Israel Under Attack | JewishBoston
- The Times of Israel
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Donate to CJP’s Israel Emergency Fund
- Communication from CJP and JCRC – Follow CJP and JCRC on Facebook for the most recent communications
- Jewish Federations Update on Israel Crisis (recording, 0:54)
- JF&CS Mental Health Connect, Mental health resources for people affected by the war in Israel – call 781-693-5562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for CJP’s Face Jewish Hate newsletter which features events and resources aimed at empowering our community and putting a stop to antisemitism and other forms of hate
- Sign up for CJP’s Daily News Roundup – all the critical issues, events, and headlines about Israel
- Sign up for alerts, communications, and updates from CJP’s Communal Security Initiative
- Statements of Solidarity and Allyship | JewishBoston
- 10 Ways to Have Conscientious Conversations on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict | ADL.org
Children, Teens and College Students:
- How To Talk To Children About Israel Today (recording, 1:11)
- Supporting Our Youth & Teens: Learning & Talking About Israel | JewishBostonTeens
- Jewish Teen Initiative – Follow Jewish Teen Initiative on Facebook for the most recent communications
- “Colleges Must Support Their Jewish Students Without Equivocation,” by President and CEO of Hillel International, Adam Lehman, and CEO and National Director of ADL, Jonathan Greenblatt
- From ADL: 6 Tips for Supporting Jewish Students in the Classroom
- 4 Ways to Help Students Cope During Crises Like the Israel-Gaza War | NAESP.org