About JFS of Metrowest
Jewish Family Service of Metrowest (JFS) is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to standing up for those left behind and provides services to over 5,000 people in need within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, including extended day academic support for low income children, nutrition and basic family assistance for struggling families, citizenship and immigrant programs and geriatric care management and other support services that enable frail older adults to live independently.
JFS’ sound fiscal management practices have earned it a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator. To learn more, visit the JFS profile on Guidestar, including our most recent 990s and audited financial statements.
Accelerating Social, Academic and Health Equity
JFS provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need.
Guided by the Jewish tradition of social responsibility and compassion, we are dedicated to:
- Supporting people of all ages and backgrounds
- Treating people with dignity and compassion
- Helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence
- Providing culturally relevant services
- Collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts
JFS is committed to:
- Be a leader and catalyst in providing the best social, health and community services with special responsibility to vulnerable children, families and older adults.
- Develop and deliver essential services to assist those in need.
- Be flexible and adapt to the changing needs in our community.
- Demonstrate compelling and measurable impacts in all our programs, while exceeding expectations in service and personal attention to clients and partners.
- Connect and engage the current and future generations and their families to a vibrant, meaningful Jewish community in collaboration with community partners and stakeholders.
- Attract, develop and retain talented, caring and invested staff, volunteers and lay leaders who work collaboratively in valued and essential partnerships.
- Have an independent, strong and engaged Board of Directors whose governance sets the priorities and future direction for the agency.
- Develop the organizational capacities, financial resources and fund development programs that sustain and expand the agency’s mission.
Watch a recording of the full online event!
Supported by CJP
Your help is needed – sign up today!
JFS Business News
JFS is currently doing a feasibility study of community needs and funding requirements to establish a community market in one of Massachusetts’ largest food deserts.
in collaboration with the Fish Family Foundation, JFS is pleased to announce the launch of the JFS Mobile Office Van (MOV) pilot program.
CLICK TO WATCH A RECORDING OF THE VIRTUAL MEETING! Framingham, MA – June 7, 2021 – Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest, a non-profit, community-based organization that provides vital social, health, and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives,...