About JFS of Metrowest
Jewish Family Service of Metrowest (JFS) is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to standing up for those left behind and provides services to over 5,000 people in need within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, including extended day academic support for low income children, nutrition and basic family assistance for struggling families, citizenship and immigrant programs and geriatric care management and other support services that enable frail older adults to live independently.
JFS’ sound fiscal management practices have earned it a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator. To learn more, visit the JFS profile on Guidestar, including our most recent 990s and audited financial statements.
Accelerating Social, Academic and Health Equity
JFS provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need.
Guided by the Jewish tradition of social responsibility and compassion, we are dedicated to:
- Supporting people of all ages and backgrounds
- Treating people with dignity and compassion
- Helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence
- Providing culturally relevant services
- Collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts
JFS is committed to:
- Be a leader and catalyst in providing the best social, health and community services with special responsibility to vulnerable children, families and older adults.
- Develop and deliver essential services to assist those in need.
- Be flexible and adapt to the changing needs in our community.
- Demonstrate compelling and measurable impacts in all our programs, while exceeding expectations in service and personal attention to clients and partners.
- Connect and engage the current and future generations and their families to a vibrant, meaningful Jewish community in collaboration with community partners and stakeholders.
- Attract, develop and retain talented, caring and invested staff, volunteers and lay leaders who work collaboratively in valued and essential partnerships.
- Have an independent, strong and engaged Board of Directors whose governance sets the priorities and future direction for the agency.
- Develop the organizational capacities, financial resources and fund development programs that sustain and expand the agency’s mission.
Temple Beth Am community members donate over 20 bags of food and personal care items to be distributed to JFS clients!
Watch a recording of the full online event!
Supported by CJP
JFS Business News
Last year with your help, over 5,000 community members were supported by JFS. Your help is needed now more than ever. Please, make a donation today – which will have twice the impact thanks to a match from generous donors – to ensure continued support for all in our community.
With our community partners, we are proud to offer this list of resources that educate, inform and empower us to learn more, do more, and be more.
Learn about JFS’s sound fiscal management practices and commitment to accountability and transparency, and find links to the most recent 990s, audited financials statements and more.