Immigrant & Resettlement Services
JFS is developing innovative, integrated resources that address the social, emotional, and financial needs of immigrants, refugees, and asylees, giving them the tools they need to succeed.
- Enhanced, intensive case management and information/referral
- Supplemental nutritional assistance through Weekend Nutrition and Healthy Harvest
- Basic needs support through the Children’s Clothing Closet
- Citizenship application support, American acculturation, and civic integration programs in partnership with MORI and Framingham Adult ESL Plus
- Refugee Resettlement Support in partnership with JFS of Western Mass, MORI, and HIAS
- Syrian Refugee Humanitarian Project
JFS has worked with individuals and families from over 60 countries including Albania, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Congo, Haiti, India, Iran, Mexico, Portugal, Syria, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam and Zambia. Watch the below videos and learn how JFS helps refugees and immigrant families in their new community:
It’s about the children! Creating opportunity in America.
In partnership with ProGente Connections, JFS of Metrowest will be hosting a Citizenship Clinic at our office in Framingham on Saturday, January 25th!read more
Earlier this week, just in time for the winter holiday break, the JFS Children’s Clothing Closet distributed a total of 65 pre-ordered clothing packages to students at the Woodrow Wilson and Brophy Elementary Schools in Framingham, our largest distribution to date!...read more
On Sunday, Jewish Teen Initiative (JTI-Boston) hosted the 2nd Annual #LoveOurNeighbors Metrowest Community Service Day at Temple Beth Am in Framingham. In partnership with JFS of Metrowest, The Shapiro Foundation, area synagogues, and teen organizations, over 100 teen...read more