Immigrant & Resettlement Services
- Enhanced, intensive case management and information/referral
- Supplemental nutritional assistance through Weekend Nutrition and Healthy Harvest
- Basic needs support through the Children’s Clothing Closet
- Citizenship application support, American acculturation, and civic integration programs in partnership with MORI and Framingham Adult ESL Plus
- Refugee Resettlement Support in partnership with JFS of Western Mass, MORI, and HIAS
- Syrian Refugee Humanitarian Project
- Mobile Office Van to maximize pathways to citizenship and permanent residency
- Community Market to address food insecurity in South Framingham
JFS has worked with individuals and families from over 60 countries including Albania, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Congo, Haiti, India, Iran, Mexico, Portugal, Syria, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam and Zambia. Watch the below videos and learn how JFS helps refugees and immigrant families in their new community:
It’s about the children! Creating opportunity in America.
JFS Staff and Volunteer Offer Vaccine Education in 3 Languages with Children’s Book Video Read-Aloud!
Temple Beth Am community members donate over 20 bags of food and personal care items to be distributed to JFS clients!
Last week, with the generous financial assistance and volunteer effort of the Yale Appliance Foundation, JFS distributed over 100 new winter coats and pairs of shoes to children in need. The foundation donated an additional 150 pairs of shoes, which will be stored and...
On October 19th, Edward Shapiro of the Shapiro Foundation presented on the topic, “My Journey in Philanthropy.” Click here to watch the virtual presentation! In 2016, Ed and and his wife, Barbara, led a successful community-wide effort--including local, regional and...