Immigrant & Resettlement Services
JFS is developing innovative, integrated resources that address the social, emotional, and financial needs of immigrants, refugees, and asylees, giving them the tools they need to succeed.
- Enhanced, intensive case management and information/referral
- Supplemental nutritional assistance through Weekend Nutrition and Healthy Harvest
- Basic needs support through the Children’s Clothing Closet
- Citizenship application support, American acculturation, and civic integration programs in partnership with MORI and Framingham Adult ESL Plus
- Refugee Resettlement Support in partnership with JFS of Western Mass, MORI, and HIAS
- Syrian Refugee Humanitarian Project
JFS has worked with individuals and families from over 60 countries including Albania, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Congo, Haiti, India, Iran, Mexico, Portugal, Syria, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam and Zambia. Watch the below videos and learn how JFS helps refugees and immigrant families in their new community:
It’s about the children! Creating opportunity in America.
Part 2 – Population focus: Supporting the Immigrant Community During COVID-19 An Interview with Lino Covarrubias on the Impact of COVID-19, conducted by Deb Merkin, JFS Board Member and CEO/Founder of GiftCard Partners: "The Immigrant community has been hit hard by...
The Immigrant Learning Center (ILC) has selected Abdulkader Hayani to be an honoree for this year's Immigrant Heroes Award Benefit on Tues. April 6, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. JFS first met Abdulkader when he and his family fled violence in Syria and resettled in the...
JFS is proud to acknowledge collaborative relationships with over 100 organizations – from public to private, secular to faith-based, local to international – strategic and powerful partnerships that drive collective impact across multiple domains.