Immigrant & Resettlement Services
JFS is developing innovative, integrated resources that address the social, emotional, and financial needs of immigrants, refugees, and asylees, giving them the tools they need to succeed.
- Enhanced, intensive case management and information/referral
- Supplemental nutritional assistance through Weekend Nutrition and Healthy Harvest
- Basic needs support through the Children’s Clothing Closet
- Citizenship application support, American acculturation, and civic integration programs in partnership with MORI and Framingham Adult ESL Plus
- Refugee Resettlement Support in partnership with JFS of Western Mass, MORI, and HIAS
- Syrian Refugee Humanitarian Project
JFS has worked with individuals and families from over 60 countries including Albania, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Congo, Haiti, India, Iran, Mexico, Portugal, Syria, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Venezuela, Vietnam and Zambia. Watch the below videos and learn how JFS helps refugees and immigrant families in their new community:
It’s about the children! Creating opportunity in America.
JFS Collaborative Distribution – Food, Personal Care Items, Shopping Carts & Books Distributed to Community Yesterday!
Yesterday, JFS of Metrowest held its 34th distribution of food and personal care items at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School! 129 bags of food and personal care items, 83 bags of children’s books, and 6 shopping carts were handed out to families in Framingham.
Not everyone can say they have been partners, supporters, and clients of JFS as Rabbi Danny Burkeman of Temple Shir Tikva can after participating in the Naturalization Oath Ceremony this week. After swearing in to become an American citizen, Rabbi Danny was eager to register to vote with his wife, Micol, in time for the upcoming presidential election. In light of the election and the remaining few days to vote, JFS is thrilled to share an uplifting immigration journey that granted a valued partner the right to vote just in time.
JFS proud to partner with Rotary Club of Framingham and the Pelham Life-Long Learning Center in community food distribution initiative!