JFS supports our veterans.
CEO Lino Covarrubias was in uniform 26 years in the U.S. Navy both in the enlisted and officer ranks.
JFS has a commitment with our partner agencies to ensure no veteran is left behind. In recent years JFS was instrumental in assisting with the funding of the elevator to MassBay Community College’s Veterans “Bunker” study facility located in the basement which was previously difficult to access for injured/disabled veterans.
Find links below to key partners – follow the links for important information.
- Boston Veterans Collaborative — http://www.collaborate.vet/
- MA Department of Veteran Services
- MassBay Community College Veteran Services
- Framingham State University Veteran Services
- Federal VA Services Referral Portal
- MilitaryTimes Job Board
- COVID19 Military Support
- Best Jobs for Servicemen
- Home Buyers Guide for Veterans
- Did you know financial benefits are available to low-income veterans and their dependents in Massachusetts?
- Check out our calendar for additional opportunities available for veterans/families in Massachusetts to access food support
Resources for LGBT Service Members and Veterans:
- Lesbian, Gay Bisexual & Transgender (LGBT) Service Members and Veterans – Veterans (va.gov)
- 5 Days into Presidency, Biden Overturns Effective Ban on Transgender Military Service (Military.com)
*Page updated 10/20/2021
- A Message of Reflection on this Veterans Day: From Veteran and CEO, Lino Covarrubias
- JFS Participated in Drive-by Celebration to Honor Veterans in Framingham
- JFS of Metrowest’s COO, Lino Covarrubias, Recognized by Mass Bay Community College’s Veterans Student Association
- Honoring Disabled Veterans at Gillette Stadium during “Brothers for Life” Visit to Boston
- Contact JFS if you are a Veteran and need assistance
- Click for more news about JFS’ work to support Veterans in our community