Family Assistance Network
Supported by CJP, the JFS Family Assistance Network provides confidential and respectful assistance to individuals and families in Metrowest to help them meet the short-term challenges resulting from urgent financial difficulties. Our goal is to help households remain independent and financially self-sufficient though a comprehensive array of coordinated services. Cash assistance will be available on an income eligibility basis. Services provided include:
- Intake and assessment of assistance needs
- Service plan development and follow-up
- Individual, family and elder care services
- Connecting families to service networks
- Financial literacy education and guidance
Cash assistance paid directly to vendors for:
- Fuel and heating assistance
- Utilities/household items
- Medical needs/health care/prescriptions
- Food/nutritional supplements
- Legal Assistance referrals through Metrowest Legal Aide
- Emergency food assistance/utilization of the Lucy and Joe Press Food Pantry
- Employment re-entry and enhancement through the Ready for Success program, in partnership with Jewish Vocational Service
- Information & Referral
- Mental health support through CJP’s new Mental Health Access website, where individuals and professionals can find resources and information
If you are in need of help, click the button below and fill out the Contact Us form or call 508-875-3100.
JFS/ Rashi Learning & Leadership Council- Hamper Project
Members of the JFS/ Rashi Learning and Leadership Council completed a community service project of creating “Welcome Hampers” for JFS clients moving into new homes. Students were encouraged to use their leadership skills to creatively engage others in...
Delivering Warm Wishes from JFS
On Thursday January 19th, fifteen JFS volunteers came to our office in Framingham, to pick up and deliver over 100 “Warm Gifts” for our older adult clients. The warm gifts included gloves, scarves, and throw blankets. Wrapped gifts with handwritten cards came from...
Board Members Enlist Family and Friends to Bring Cheer to Vulnerable Older Adult Clients
This month to celebrate the holiday season and bring cheer to clients in need, Board Member Michelle Bearak hosted over 20 friends and family members for an evening of wrapping and giving. Guests brought new hats, gloves and throw blankets that were wrapped as gifts...
Funding provided by: