Ronna and Scott Cohen, with JFS staff Lino Covarrubias and Diana O’Brien
It is with abundant gratitude that JFS thanks Ronna and Scott Cohen for their generous gift of food cards to the Lucy and Joe’s Food Pantry which provides emergency assistance to people in need. For the past 6 years, the Cohens have performed a Hanukkah mitzvah with a donation to JFS and we are honored to once again be included in their holiday celebrations.
With the support of generous donors like these, JFS is able to offer many services free of charge to over 5,000 people within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, targeting at-risk families, individuals, immigrants, and elders aging in place.
Dedicated to standing up for those left behind, JFS is:
- Increasing the ability of frail elders to maximize independence and quality of life as they navigate the challenges that come with aging
- Accelerating academic achievement and pathways to college for low-income and first-generation students
- Providing safety, hope and opportunity for refugees victimized by world conflict
- Advancing equity with comprehensive assistance that empowers immigrant families to succeed
- Reducing poverty in our community with case management, basic needs assistance and employment readiness support
- Building families through adoption
JFS provides the tools to meet life’s obstacles to stabilize during a crisis and optimally achieve self-sufficiency, strengthen lives, improve wellbeing, and build a stronger community. JFS’ sound fiscal management practices have earned it a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator
Honor the holiday with a charitable gift to JFS and
help us stand up for those left behind.
475 Franklin St, Framingham, MA 01702, USA