JOB OPENING – AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Job Title: Geriatric Care Management Associate
Salary Range: Commensurate with Level of Education, Experience and Licensure (if applicable)
Work Schedule: 40 hour-Full time Position with Benefits
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
JFS seeks an experienced professional to help grow the fee-based Allies in Aging Geriatric Care Management program that provides both short-term consultation and ongoing Care Management to older adults and their families/caregivers. The program takes a interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to helping clients live better, longer and serves older adults living in the Metrowest/Greater Boston area.
In this position, the Associate will provide both client and administrative support including home and community visits, transporting clients to medical appointments, researching/arranging/monitoring services for clients, coordinating new client enrollment paperwork, and preparing reports and statements for monthly billing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate and assess older adults and adults living with chronic illnesses
- Provide advocacy and targeted referrals for medical, health, environmental, social, legal, insurance and financial assistance
- Provide education to clients/families about options for support resources
- Provide emotional support for clients and their family/caregivers
- Monitor and oversee home/community services for appropriateness and safety
- Collaborate and consult with other involved professionals
- Establish relationships with other service providers and professionals
- Accurately document all interventions and work accomplished in our electronic records and billing system
- Conduct telecare/virtual care assessments
- Transport and accompany clients to medical and other appointments
- Coordinate new client enrollment paperwork and create/maintain client records
- Work with Director to update program materials and policy documents
- Create/update and distribute marketing and outreach materials
- Communicate with clients regarding monthly billing
- Attend regularly scheduled individual supervisory sessions as well as monthly staff and team meetings/agency trainings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualities/Values of the Ideal Candidate:
- Professional and positive approach, commitment to customer service
- Team player and able to communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated and demonstrates high initiative
- Dynamic and creative problem solver
- Respectful of client and agency confidentiality
- Personalized and compassionate service – focusing on the individual client’s wants and needs
- Ability to provide non-directive guidance and facilitate constructive relationships with and among clients and caregivers
- Willing and able to assist clients outside of regular business hours, 7 days a week
- Manage time efficiently
- Ability to provide coordinated communications between family members, doctors, service providers and other professionals
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in relevant area plus 3+ years of experience working with older adults, adults with chronic illnesses and their families/caregivers, or in geriatrics OR Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area plus 5+ years of experience working with older adults, adults with chronic illnesses and their families/caregivers, or in geriatrics.
- Experience working with individuals with dementia preferred.
- 2+ years of administrative or business experience.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation and a safe driving record.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint) required.
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to multi-task, operate independently and problem solve in real time.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in real-time electronic record keeping skills. (Salesforce Platform experience a plus).
- Ability to work in office setting as well as in the field and remotely.
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $3.5 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latino/Latina and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, click here to complete the form (resume and cover letter required.)