JOB OPENING (En Español)
Updated: December 1, 2023
Job Title: Homemakers and Personal Care Homemakers (PCHs)
Work Schedule: Hourly, variable hours, part time and full time available
Minimum starting pay: $20/hour
Number of positions available: Multiple positions available for both Homemakers and Personal Care Homemakers. Recruitment is ongoing.
Jewish Family Service (JFS) of Metrowest is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. JFS is a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic organization with deep roots in both the Jewish and broader community.
JFS seeks to hire personable individuals to work with older adults in their homes, providing necessary homemaking and personal care services so they may live independently in the community.
Employees that work in the JFS Homecare Program:
- Are eligible for benefits, including paid time off, based on the number of scheduled hours
- May receive a sign on bonus of up to $2,000 ($1,000 after 6 months of satisfactory employment and $1,000 paid at the end of first year)*
- Receive ongoing training
- Are compensated for travel in accordance with program policies
- Flexible hours that suit every schedule, including early morning, evening and weekends (weekend, holiday and overtime differential rates applicable)
- May receive new employee referral bonuses in accordance with program policies
* To be eligible for sign on bonuses, the employee must have been working consistently during the 6 and 12 month periods, be scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and be performing in compliance with program requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Availability for short notice to take assignments
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- In good health – physical exam and TB screening mandatory
- COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters and annual Influenza (flu) vaccination are required
- Fluent English/good communication skills. Multilingual ability is a plus (Spanish and Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian)
- (2) work references in the healthcare or related industry
- Must enjoy working with an older adult and/or disabled adult population
- Experience preferred
Location: Services provided in Framingham, Ashland, Natick, Marlborough and surrounding towns in the Greater Metrowest area of Massachusetts.
Personal Care Homemakers (PCH)
- Must have documentation showing completion of a Personal Care training course (certificate/certification not required). CNAs and HHAs are also invited to apply to work as PCHs.
- Duties include bathing, toileting, mouth care, hair, skin and foot care, as well as light laundry, linen changes, shopping, dusting and vacuuming, bathroom and kitchen cleaning, dish washing, floor mopping, ambulation, dressing, medication reminders, planning and preparing meals in accordance with dietary needs
- NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED, training provided
- Light laundry and ironing, linen changes, shopping, dusting and vacuuming, bathroom and kitchen cleaning, dish washing, floor mopping and planning and preparing meals in accordance with dietary needs
JFS is a Framingham, Massachusetts based non-profit agency, founded in 1979, that provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need. The annual budget is approximately $4.5 million. JFS has deep roots in both the Jewish and the broader community. It is a diverse and inclusive organization.
The agency serves Metrowest and Greater Boston area residents regardless of religion, race, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law and promotes inclusiveness and diversity in hiring, retention, promotion and board and committee recruitment. Guided by a tradition of social responsibility and compassion, JFS is dedicated to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds, treating people with dignity and compassion, helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence, providing culturally relevant services and collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts.
JFS is governed by an unpaid Board of Directors who, with the agency’s chief executive officer and senior leadership team, oversee a staff of 75 who offer a range of vital programs targeted to strengthening children and families, helping individuals and families to “make ends meet,” keeping elders safe and healthy, supporting new Americans and building a strong community. The agency maintains cost-effective programs; utilizes over 200 trained volunteers who work in conjunction with staff.
Dynamic— with Purpose– and Impact. JFS’ leadership is committed to significant and continued organization improvement that includes constant review of programmatic and financial health metrics. Performance measurement and knowledge management at are central. The programmatic goals are to ensure that all services of the agency demonstrate clear purpose, measurable impacts, high team performance and responsiveness and relevance to the community’s rapidly changing needs and to reach those in a responsible fiscal manner.
JFS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. Women, veterans, people with disabilities, BIPOC, Latinx and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about these opportunities, please contact:
Homecare Operations Manager
508-875-3100 x 258