Thank you for your interest in learning how you can assist incoming Afghan evacuees.
Housing and rental assistance: Apartments have been set up thoughtfully with furniture, food, and children’s toys to make the families feel welcome from their first steps in their new homes.
- Public benefits application support
- Health and dental insurance applications
- Clothing and food assistance
- Employment support through Jewish Vocational Services (JVS)
- Community/network building (introductions to neighbors, rides to local mosques and Islamic centers)
- Hiring of Dari and Pashto-speaking case managers
- If you are able to provide financial assistance to support the housing and other needs of these arriving families, please click here to make a contribution. Please note that we have a match up to $15,000.00 so make your donation today and have twice the impact!
- For furniture and other donations, please fill out this form! To best match need and supply, the information generated in the form will help Team Leads, working with the JFS/JCRC/CCAB partnership, quickly identify and mobilize to get families what they need.
- Gift Cards: An easy way to immediately start helping is by starting a drive for gift cards to donate to the effort: Stop and Shop, Market Basket, Target, Walmart, and CVS are all greatly appreciated. Donations of gift cards can be delivered to JFS of Metrowest, 475 Franklin Street, Suite 101, Framingham, MA 01702, Attention: Amanda Coughlin
- Housing: Housing continues to be the most urgent need. If you have a separate space with a private bathroom – such as a rental property, in-law apartment, vacation home, etc. – in the greater Boston/Metrowest area that can be made available for an incoming family, please click here and complete the form.
Thank you for partnering with JFS to ensure these families have what they need as they take their first steps towards safety in the shelter of our welcoming community.
- Job Opening: JFS seeks to hire a full-time program specialist to provide case management support to Afghan evacuees being resettled in the Greater Boston/Metrowest area.
- Click here to express other offers of assistance (volunteering, in-kind donations of food, clothing or household goods, etc.)
- Click here for JFS’ statement related to the Afghan Refugee Crisis
- Click here for more news and other updates