Sunday, March 25, 2018, 12:30pm
JFS of Metrowest
475 Franklin Street, Suite 101, Framingham, MA 01702
JFS of Metrowest invites you and your children to visit an isolated Jewish elder and share the joy of the holidays through the new Kesher-Y.O.U. (Connecting Young and Old United) program, a pilot program funded by
CJP’s Metrowest Jewish Community Fund
This program is for families with children who would like to do a mitzvah (good deed) as part of their Jewish holiday celebrations.
JFS works with many Jewish seniors in our community. Some of these seniors are alone. Their families may live far away. They welcome the opportunity to connect with you and your family when you visit them to share the traditions of the season.
The program includes 4 sessions scheduled from December 2017 through March 2018 to celebrate Hanukkah, Tu B’Shevat, Purim and Passover.
Each session includes
- A 45-minute program that includes information about Friendly Visiting, a child-friendly holiday craft project and snacks. Families prepare a gift for the elder and receive a special book to share with children titled “My First Friendly Visiting Book”.
- The short drive between JFS and the elder’s home is just long enough to talk prepare your children to have a successful and enjoyable visit.
- Once at the elder’s home, families will deliver the gift bag and share the traditions of the holiday. Visits are expected to last about a half an hour.
With its focus on traditional values of tzedakah (acts of charitable giving) gemilut hasidim (deeds of loving kindness) and tikkun olam (the imperative to make the world a better place), Kesher-Y.O.U. makes it possible for you and your family to do meaningful community service together as a family.
Sign up by Friday March 16th to participate in session #4Sign up by Friday March 16th to participate in session #4 – visit a Jewish elder and celebrate Passover on Sunday March 25th!
This program will begin at 12:30pm at JFS of Metrowest, 475 Franklin Street, Suite 101, Framingham, MA 01702.
*Please note that an adult from each family will be asked to enroll as a JFS volunteer (includes online application, plus a CORI and RMV background check.)
Contact Abrielle Salloway, LCSW,
Friendly Visitor Program Coordinator 508 875-3100 x360
or Candice Sullivan 508 875-3100 x350
Interested? Register online at:
- Download the flyer for the Passover March 25th Kesher Y.O.U. event
- Share the Celebration of Tu B’Shevat with an Isolated, Lonely Elder!
- Share the Light of Hanukkah with a Lonely Elder!
- Families participating in the Kesher YOU program are invited to continue visiting through the JFS Kesher Family Visiting program – click to learn more!