JFS continues to strive to support families and children at the Woodrow Wilson Elementary School!
In June we introduced the Wilson Learning Materials Fund, a project spearheaded by long time supporter, volunteer and board member Jodi Bring and her husband Ken. This project partnered JFS and the Learning Express Store of Needham to provide learning toys and materials to students at Woodrow Wilson. These toys were bundled based on academic grade level, and then were distributed at one of JFS’s weekly distributions at the school, alongside bags of food and personal care items!
Also distributed in the past weeks are two rounds of activity packets focused on mindfulness and meditation for children. These packets, offered in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, were created by Nourishing Teachers/Strengthening Classrooms, a project by Framingham-based nonprofit, Open Spirit Center.
In continuation of these projects, JFS has also put together and delivered educational care packages to all of the 57 Woodrow Wilson 3rd and 4th graders who were a part of the JFS All Stars and STEAM Academy programs this past school year. The extended day programs, part of JFS’s Pathways to Academic Growth, Empowerment, and Success (PAGES) initiative, were unfortunately cut short due to COVID-19 and the subsequent closure of schools.
The kid’s care packages that went home included certificates of achievement, a variety of educational toys and books, various activities like word searches and color-by-numbers, as well as artistic supplies like water colors and painting pads to help students enjoy the remaining weeks of summer vacation.
JFS is so grateful to our community partners, board members, and volunteers for making these efforts possible!
To learn more and see additional photos, please visit:
- “PHOTOS: Hygiene products available at Framingham’s Woodrow Wilson School” published on 4/1/20 by Metrowest Daily News.
- JFS Introduce Wilson Learning Materials Fund
- 10th JFS Collaborative Distribution — Over 2,700 Bags of Food & Personal Care Items Distributed to Date!
- JFS Continues Collaborative Distribution of Food & Personal Care Items to Framingham Community!
- Babson Magazine Highlights JFS Pathways to Academic Growth, Empowerment, & Success (PAGES) Programming at Woodrow Wilson!