Earlier this spring, JFS of Metrowest, in partnership with the Multifaith Alliance for Syrian Refugees (MFA) and generous support provided by The Shapiro Foundation, committed to sending a shipboard container full of personal care, medical and other supplies to children and families living in refugee camps inside Syria. This project allowed schools, faith groups and community members to come together with the combined mission to take action for Syrian refugee families.
We are excited to share that on August 9th, the Mobilize Boston shipping container arrived at our local partner warehouse in northwest Syria! This JFS-MFA initiative shipped 13,801 items including clothing and medical, educational and personal care supplies to Syrian families living in refugee camps. Our local nonprofit partner in Syria shared that they were very grateful and pleased with the quality and quantity of supplies received.
These necessities will help refugee families maintain basic hygiene and dignity as well as fill a dire need for medical supplies in Syria’s collapsed medical industry. Children will receive the JFS backpacks in early September at the beginning of the school year in order to equip them with the commodities necessary for a continued education.
Mobilize Boston boxes unloaded at local partner warehouse in northwest Syria.
For more information and to see how you can get involved, please follow our blog!
- JFS Mobilize Boston Shipping Container en route to Syria — Track its Progress!
- The JFS/MFA Mobilize Boston Storage Container is Here!
- The Rashi School Takes Action to Help Refugee Children Attend School!
- Ava and Josie support Syrian Refugees through their Mitzvah Projects!
- The Mobilize Boston Container is ready to ship to Syria – A Huge Thanks to All Our Partners!
- MFA: Humanitarian Relief | 5,142 People Served in Northwest Syria Amid Bombing