Your Help is Needed Now More Than Ever
Hello, we hope this letter finds you and your family doing well and staying healthy.
As we move into the final months of 2020, and the temperatures begin to fall and the winter months approach, the devastation of the pandemic continues to take its toll on each us, in both small and life-altering ways. For some, sadness is felt in the experience of changed holiday traditions; for others, months of lost income or the passing of loved ones have been catastrophic. For those face the worst of challenges, JFS has and will continue to respond to those most in need.
- Delivered over 10,000 meals and made thousands of wellness calls to isolated older adults in the Jewish and broader community
- Responded to the needs of the vulnerable immigrant community – particularly families with young and school-aged children struggling with loss of income and childcare – distributing over 60,000 meals and 70,000 personal care items, including toiletries, toilet paper, and feminine hygiene products as well as health information in 3 different languages
- Helped over 300 Jewish families with over 1,000 hours coordinating services and basic needs assistance, including funeral costs and bereavement support
- Ensured a safe environment for hundreds, especially single immigrant mothers and their children, helping them access necessary medical care and maintain lodging when they were threatened with homelessness
- Worked with partners to mail over 4,000 cloth face masks to those in need
- Increased the access of frail older adult clients to medical care through appointment escort services, health screenings and telehealth visits
- Collected school supplies and seasonal clothing for young low-income children as navigate the challenges of remote and hybrid learning
- Mentored first generation college students using virtual technology to keep them on track and support academic and professional success
- Provided homecare services to medically-compromised older adult clients
- Sign up to receive news like this directly to your inbox
- Learn how JFS is supporting our community during the COVID-19 crisis
- Volunteer with JFS and help our neighbors in need