SUPPORT A WORTHY CAUSE
DONATE TO JFS TODAY!
This Giving Tuesday you will receive messages from many charities asking for your support. Savvy donors support JFS of Metrowest because they know their donations are in good hands.
JFS’ sound fiscal management practices and commitment to accountability and transparency have earned it a multi-year 4-star rating from Charity Navigator (with a perfect score of 100%! so you can have confidence that your donation will drive change and make a difference.
Make a donation today and ensure JFS has the resources it needs to help those who need help the most.
Help JFS Help Those in Need
Over the last year, JFS provided life-saving assistance, attending to the basic needs and wellness of those most vulnerable in our community:
• Assisted with the resettlement of 140 Afghans and Ukrainians in this area after escaping war, violence and devastation in their home countries
• Helped over 292 Jewish families with over 4,000 hours of coordinating/case navigation services and providing emergency assistance, including housing support to prevent homelessness, funeral costs, bereavement support, and mental health services
• Delivered over 6,000 meals and made hundreds of wellness calls to isolated older adults in the Jewish and broader community
• Ensured a safe environment for over 400 community members, especially single immigrant mothers and their children, helping them access essentials such as food and clothing as well as necessary medical care and maintain lodging when they were threatened with homelessness
• Increased the access of frail older adult clients to medical care by providing assistance with over 400 medical appointments facilitated by volunteers and over 140 site-based health screenings
• Attended to the needs of hundreds of medically-compromised older adult clients with homemaker and personal care services, enhancing safety, dignity, and independence
• Provided over 1,300 social worker engagement hours of expert Geriatric Care Management services, working with families caring for loved ones with dementia and other conditions that people face as they age
• Handed out over 9,000 items of seasonal clothing and, with the help of over 80 families, distributed over 600 backpacks of school supplies to support the academic success of young students from struggling families
Last year JFS made a difference in the lives of over 7,500 individuals, providing critical assistance that was only possible because of YOUR donations.
Over 80% of JFS’ operating budget is funded by philanthropic dollars and to continue to provide these services, we need your help.
This Giving Tuesday please make a donation to ensure JFS has the resources it needs to answer the call when our neighbors come to us for help.