On August 13th JFS of Metrowest held its 20th distribution of food and personal care items at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School in Framingham! 142 bags of personal care items and food were passed out to families and individuals in the community!
Since the very first distribution at the school on Wed. April 1st, we have passed out a total of 2,946 bags of food and 2,271 bags of personal care products!
This effort has been made possible in collaboration with our community partners. JFS is proud to partner with Framingham Public Schools as well as with Daniel’s Table to provide fresh produce, canned goods, and frozen meals, with Hope & Comfort to distribute hygiene essentials, and with Dignity Matters to provide menstrual care supplies to families in need in Framingham.
JFS’ weekly station on Wednesdays continues to be held alongside Framingham Public Schools’ daily distribution of breakfast and lunch to students. Hygiene products have included soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, toilet paper, and menstrual sanitary pads. Food items have included cans of tuna, jam, frozen meat, fruit, and soup, granola bars, pasta, rice, and fresh produce like corn, apples, lettuce, potatoes, zucchini and more. These events are held at Woodrow Wilson every Wednesday from 10-1:00 and all community members are welcome to pick up bags.
Collaboration remains critical at this time — we can all do so much more to support our community through this on-going crisis when we are working together. JFS cannot thank our community partners enough for their collaboration, support, and commitment to our community!
To learn more and see additional photos of this effort, please visit:
- 10th JFS Collaborative Distribution — Over 2,700 Bags of Food & Personal Care Items Distributed to Date!
- Collaborative Food Distribution at Framingham’s Pelham Apartments was a Success!
- JFS Strives to Support Students at Woodrow Wilson: Mindfulness Packets, Care Packages & More!
- “PHOTOS: Hygiene products available at Framingham’s Woodrow Wilson School” published on 4/1/20 by Metrowest Daily News.
- JFS Continues Collaborative Distribution of Food & Personal Care Items to Framingham Community!
- Collaborative Basic Needs Support Continues in Framingham