On Sunday, JFS welcomed alumni from Holy Cross as part of Holy Cross Cares ’22. Individuals representing the classes of 2018, 1993, 1992, 1983, and 1981, as well as some of their children, tagged, sorted, and folded enough clothes to fill 25 large bins! The bins are now on their way to the FPS Resource Room, where the clothing will be made available to families in need.
During Holy Cross Cares ’22, hundreds of alumni, parents, and friends throughout the world are volunteering together to make a difference in their local communities. JFS is grateful for their efforts in making a difference in ours.
Staff members Gail Neville Gregory (HC class of 83) and Maggie Kenney enjoyed learning about the connections and experiences the volunteers shared from their time at Holy Cross. If you’d like to talk about ways your college or university alumni group can volunteer together to make an impact in Metrowest, please reach out to Gail Gregory.
About the JFS Resource Room at Framingham Public Schools:
- Purpose: Providing basic needs items to families throughout the district, including clothes, shoes, school supplies, personal care items, seasonal items (eg. winter coats and boots, hats and gloves), sheets, blankets, and children’s toys/games. We emphasize new and good quality items. Integral to the effort is to provide families access to resources in a dignified manner.
- Distribution: Families new to the district (many also are new to the country) can walk-in and shop at the Resource Room. Also, school social workers and administrators can place orders for families in need that our staff and volunteers pack. Bags are delivered directly to the schools. Non-Profit Partners/Donors: Hope and Comfort, Dignity Matters, Operation Warm, Delivering Good, Good 360, Learning Express, CJP, TJX
- How you can help:
- Donate funds
- Donate items
- a. Amazon Wishlist
- b. Like new items – we have limited space, so please contact Lucia Panichella to learn about current needs
- c. There is always a need for new socks and underwear in all sizes
- Volunteer: Contact Gail Gregory (Manager of Volunteer Services & Community Engagement). Click here to learn more about the JFS Children’s Clothing Closet