JFS stands with Jews and people of color against hate and bigotry.
JFS Statement of Commitment:
Standing Together in the Struggle for Justice
From Lino Covarrubias, CEO and Josef Volman, Board President
Follow/like/share the work of the Committee on Anti-Racism and Fighting Antisemitism on social media:
Active Bystander Trainings: In partnership with Open Spirit, and as part of the work of the JFS Committee on Anti-Racism and Fighting Antisemitism, we are working to provide Active Bystander Training to members of our community. This training is designed to empower a bystander who is witnessing a harmful situation to ACT. “The Training Active Bystanders (TAB) program helps participants recognize when they are bystanders, analyze situations, and evaluate the consequences for everyone involved. TAB heightens bystanders’ power. It teaches how bystanders can interrupt harm doing and generate positive actions by others.” Sign up to attend a future training or bring this program to your organization
JFS Monthly eNewsletter: Sign up to receive the monthly enewsletter to read about the ongoing work of the Committee
With our community partners, we are proud to offer the following resources that educate, inform and empower us to learn more, do more, and be more:
- Fight Anti-Semitism – Anti-Defamation League [Report an Incident, Information Sheet (PDF)]
- Anti-Racism (LibGuides) – Framingham State University
- Equity and Inclusion – MassBay Community College
- Family Letter and Video Resources – Framingham Public Schools
- Equity Matters: It’s About Racism – Metrowest Health Foundation
- After Charlottesville: Teaching about Racism, Antisemitism and White Supremacy – Anti-Defamation League
- What to do if You Experience Antisemitism or Other Incidents of Bias, Discrimination, or Hate – Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston (JCRC)
- Combating Rising Jew Hatred With Dr. Rachel Fish: Context and insight into the recent wave of antisemitism in America – Jewish Boston
“Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Be hopeful, be optimistic.
Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year,
it is the struggle of a lifetime. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise
and get in good trouble, necessary trouble.”
Congressman John Lewis
JFS NEWS AND BLOG POSTS:
- Announcing the JFS Committee on Anti-Racism and Fighting Antisemitism
- JFS Board of Directors Do the Right Thing for Equity–JFS to Increase Hourly Minimum Wage to $15/hour
- The Verdict of the George Floyd Murder Trial – Now is the Time for Action!
- Read the JFS monthly eNewsletter to learn of ongoing updates
- More News Related to Anti-Hate, Equity and Inclusion
Donate to support this work and ensure that JFS has the resources it needs to continue to fight hate in our community.